The goal of most home sellers is to sell quickly and for the most money possible. Here are five steps that will give you a better shot at doing so.
Want to Buy a Home? Search All Homes
Want to Sell a Home? Get a Home Value Report
All successful home sellers take these five steps when preparing their home for the market:
1. Tidy up. You need to make sure your home is immaculately clean. A buyer could come through your house and make a full-priced offer at any time, and they’ll correlate their offer with the cleanliness of the house and how well you’ve maintained it.
2. Maintain a great buzz about your house. Your agent will be marketing the home in full force, but your sphere is likely different than theirs. If you let the people you’re connected with know that the home is for sale, there’s a chance that they know someone who might be interested. Continue building this buzz weekly.
3. Thoroughly clean your house’s interior every week. If you have pets, make sure your upholstery is clean, you’ve mopped and swept, and everything’s maintained.
4. Thoroughly clean your home’s exterior every week. Check that all the lightbulbs are working, the grass is mowed and trimmed, and that it looks great from the curb.
5. Have a monthly review with your agent. No doubt you’re in close contact with them, but meeting once a month with your agent is good to recalibrate. You might need to adjust the price or the way you’re marketing the house, and this will keep you all on the same page.
If you have any questions about becoming a successful home seller, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send a quick email. We’d love to hear from you.