What 10 Steps Should You Take to Sell Your Home in 2019
If you’re looking to sell your home in 2019, there are 10 steps you need to take in order to sell quickly and for top dollar.
Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report.
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale.
Here are the 10 steps you must take to get your home sold quickly and for top dollar in 2019:
1. Understand the state of your local market. This way, you won’t be caught off-guard by any surprises.
2. Get your house inspected before putting it on the market.
3. Get your house in shape for the market—clean, declutter, repaint, and do some basic landscaping.
4. Come up with a marketing plan. Working with an experienced agent will help tremendously with this because they’ll know the demographic who’s interested in your house and how to target them.
5. See if your place of employment offers a relocation program.
6. Interview multiple agents before hiring one. A good agent will ask you what you’re looking for. They’ll also want to make sure they can deliver on what you’re asking. From there, you’ll set a price at which your home will be marketed.
7. Understand the price you decide on. If you market a high price for your area, it could take longer to sell.
8/9. Declutter and depersonalize. One of the things we do for all of our clients, for example, is hire a professional stager to help them with these steps. We believe in this service so much, we actually pay the cost of doing so.
10. Stay on top of the market. It’s good to know who your competition is and how interest rates are affecting buyers who are looking for a property like yours. This is why we send out a weekly market update to our clients—to answer these questions and let them know what’s happening on their way to getting their home sold.
If you have any questions about this or any other real estate topic, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I’d love to help you.